Experienced Hotel Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hotel Accountant to join the team at Sheen Falls Lodge. The Hotel Accountant is responsible for the Finance function of the hotel and reports to the General Manager
About the position:
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Responsibility and accountability for the financial performance of the business with key focus on the effective operation of the accounting and financial control activities of the hotel.
- To monitor and control all aspects of the finance function to include financial reporting and planning, budgetary control and control of financial systems and procedures.
- Manage the weekly, monthly and yearly reporting including end of year reporting and forecasting process.
- Preparation and presentation of timely monthly accounts including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and reconciliations and Cash Flow statement projections for the Management and Shareholders.
- To produce nominal postings in respect of accruals, prepayments, stock and other adjustments.
- Cash and Bank reconciliations.
- Monitor and control all sales revenue and expense streams, including cash, payroll, general expenses, working capital and credit management.
- Compliance with all Finance acts, purchasing, financial policies & procedures, insurance, IT, legal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Effectively manage timely communication of financial performance to management.
- To ensure the employee payroll is processed fortnightly including payslips and address any matters arising from payroll.
- Responsible for all statutory returns including but not limited to VAT PAYE/PRSI, RCT and P30 statutory returns etc. and ensure full compliance with statutory filing deadlines.
- Review and ensure internal audit procedures are in place and robust.
- Ensure the full tax compliance of the Hotel.
- Work with senior management to develop business plans and strategies to increase profitability.
- The role will also include administration, filing and general office duties.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Prepare annual audit file and liaise with Auditors at the year end and answer all queries.
- To have a collaborative team role in the compilations of annual budgets.
- Ensure adequate communication with all departments on a regular basis in relation to discrepancies in invoices or lodgements.
- Oversee and support the accounts assistant.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by the General Manager.
Ideal candidate requirements
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/CPA) or equivalent) with the following experience in a similar role:
- 2-5 years hotel accounting experience
- Proficient user of MS Office and advanced excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail, negotiation and communication skills a must including fluent spoken and written English.
- Experience in the following packages will be an advantage
- Pegasus Opera
- Sage payroll professional
This is an excellent role and opportunity for an experienced accountant with hotel accounting experience and full legal status to work in Ireland seeking to further their career.
Interested applicants may apply in confidence by e-mail to: email@example.com