Business Development Manager
Flexible for the candidate to be home based, however this role will require weekly travel to the market place and regular visits will be required to the both properties.
SCOPE, GENERAL PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Scope and General Purpose:
This role is to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with specific areas of sales for Sheen Falls Lodge & Trinity Townhouse – at both national and international level. The role is to ensure the continued success of both properties and to devising effective solutions to meet the sales targets required going forward.
- The main priority of the role will be to generate revenue and new business opportunities for both properties; so you will need excellent communication skills and be highly motivated. There is an expectation that an agreed number of clients will be visited per month – existing clients and new prospects.
- Specific areas of responsibility will include targeted sales calls to the following markets:
National Corporate Accounts, Incentive/Conference Planners, Clubs & Societies and Associations/niche groups, with particular emphasis on bedroom/ group occupancy as well as Conference/F&B/Spa and Activity Sales
- The role will require you to oversee current clients in addition to establishing new business for the group within the mentioned mix.
- The role will require you to manage the co-ordination and administration of all aspects of sales, namely prospecting, planning, development, sales presentations & analysis, closing, cost analysis.
- The role will require you to ensure that the corporate objectives are achieved by endeavouring to meet the sales targets and budgets.
- The role will require you to assist and initiate the preparation of action plans for achieving the desired targets and results.
MARKET PLANNING: Meet sales targets and budgets agreed and help prepare action plans for achieving the agreed results to achieve corporate objectives. i.e. analysing market opportunities and selecting target markets on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis, which are appropriate to the products, skills and resources available to the Company. Attend promotions, events, and exhibitions as agreed and follow up as required. Proactively assist in identifying customers’ needs and wants.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING: Be involved in searching for new product ideas and concepts and ensuring they will be potentially profitable for the Company in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing. Assist in the development of the Market mix by identifying new potential incentive, corporate, business and leisure customers for Sheen Falls Lodge and Trinity Townhouse by effective telesales. Ensuring all leads are followed up with calls and presentations, ensuring you are working to a structured territory plan.
SALES PLANNING: Assist in selecting Markets by profitability potential and geographical areas. To plan and set up sales appointments, ensuring focus with a structured sales process template– following-up on calls and the distribution of data / information. To furnish the Director of Sales & Marketing with sales activity reports on a monthly basis.
SALES FORECASTING: Assessing sales potential with plans for achievement, by analysing bookings in the system, market trends, highlighting potential fallout and putting plans in place to meet the gap in order to meet the targets set by the board.
ANALYSIS: Lead the review of the different markets and cycles, which describes and forecasts the pattern of sales. Try to identify any areas in the market that are not filled by competitors or would be of benefit for us to get into.
FEEDBACK: The status of the Sales plans in response to results achieved and informing the Director of Sales & Marketing of any information she should be aware of. Furnishing the Director of Sales & Marketing with activity reports and all other paper work required.
TEAMWORK: Works effectively with others in the Sales & Marketing department and in each property to achieve objectives.
REVENUE FOCUS: Never loses sight of income streams and profitability of the business. Continually seeks opportunity to increase revenue. Closely monitors income streams in the mentioned areas of responsibility and takes corrective action when required.
• A Minimum of 2 years previous Hotel proactive sales development experience
• A good knowledge of the Irish luxury Hotel Market
• A proactive track record and approach to growing revenue
• Sales focused, target and results driven
• Hotel proactive MICE sales experience • A commercial awareness and good understanding of competitive set and remain up to date on key business trends.
• Customer-focused with excellent client liaison and account management skills.
• Seeks out challenges and is driven by success.
To apply for this role send you CV in confidence to: