Looking After You Safely
At Sheen Falls Lodge
We have long looked forward to the day that the hotel will reopen and that we can welcome guests to Sheen Falls Lodge and have them experience the peace and tranquillity of our country resort. We will continue to provide a warm welcome, but in a slightly different way.
At Sheen Falls Lodge the safety, health and well-being of our guests and employees are very important to us.
We are taking enhanced preventative measures to comply with the latest guidance on cleaning and hygiene. Extensive protocols, upgraded training and enhanced cleaning procedures have been added to our existing housekeeping practices in all areas of the hotel. We will be taking the greatest of care to ensure your stay with us is safe and comfortable.
The team and I look forward to seeing you very soon at Sheen Falls Lodge.
With best wishes
Below is an outline of the procedures that we will have in place to ensure you have a safe and comfortable stay with us.
- Online check in & check out will be available to guests.
- We have introduced temperature checks for all our staff upon arrival to the Hotel. Standard protocols will be followed for anyone with a temperature above 38C.
- PPE is being used by our staff and is also available to our guests during your stay, including face masks, disinfectant sanitiser & disposable gloves.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been set up throughout the hotel in both guests and staff locations.
- Travel into Ireland Anyone travelling into Ireland (apart from Northern Ireland and individuals arriving from locations on the Government Green List) are asked to self-isolate for 14 days as per the Government guidelines. In order for guests to stay at Sheen Falls Lodge, we do require that guests restrict their movements for 14 days on arrival into the country. Unfortunately we cannot welcome guests to Sheen Falls Lodge if they are unable to restrict their movements for 14 days prior to their arrival at the hotel. Government travel advice and details of the ‘green list’ of exempted countries (reviewed every two weeks) are available on the Department for Foreign Affairs’ website HERE The current Irish Government travel advice and policies in relation to visitors travelling from overseas is available HERE
- Every member of the team has and will continue to be provided with training on safety, sanitation and physical distancing protocols. We have retrained all of our team in Covid-19 Prevention and Control Measures and will constantly monitor government guidelines to ensure the strictest of controls are in place throughout.
- We have appointed Laura Wills our COVID health ambassador at the hotel. Should you have any concerns or additional questions, you can email Laura directly – email@example.com Laura can also provide you with a full comprehensive Covid 19 Safety Protocol Document should you wish to review this.
- Bars and Restaurants have been rearranged to adhere to social distancing measures and our team have implemented new reservation procedures. We request that guests reserve all their meal times in advance to avoid unnecessary waiting times. Buffet stations will no longer be available. A maximum of six people from no more than 3 households are allowed at a one table during meal times.
- Face-coverings – all guests are required to wear face coverings in all public areas with the exception of during meal times.
- Our leisure facilities including pool and Spa areas have been revised to ensure social distancing. Reservations will now be required to limit guest numbers at any one time. For the moment, no access is permitted to the steam room or sauna. We recommend that guests change in their rooms prior to using the leisure facilities.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all areas with special attention to high touch points in line with recommendations from WHO and the HSE.
- We have elevated our sanitation of bedrooms and removed all nonessential items such as magazines, decorative pillows and paper products. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. In room crockery will be machine washed at high temperatures. Windows will be open when servicing a room to provide adequate ventilation. All linen will be laundered at hight temperatures and in accordance with the HSE guidelines.
- Team members will use personal protective equipment in specific areas.
- Contactless services for payments and emailed invoices will be encouraged. Sheen Falls Lodge has become a cashless organisation. Therefore payment by cards is only accepted.
Our guidelines have been developed in line with the Government Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business and the Return to Work Safety Protocol. The latest health guidance provided by the Department of Health, the HSE, WHO and HSA is adhered to for the implementation of our plans to reopen the hotel. All cleaning solutions are provided by Ecolab and used in accordance with their guidelines and recommendations. Zoono products including hand sanitiser will be given to each guest during their stay.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and we will keep our policies under review with the latest recommendations and requirements set out by the Irish Government.