Looking After You Safely
At Sheen Falls Lodge
At Sheen Falls Lodge the safety, health and well-being of both our guests and employees are of paramount importance to us. Moreover, we at Sheen Falls Lodge greatly look forward to you enjoying the peace and tranquillity of our country resort, with the peace of mind in knowing your well-being is front of mind for us.
At Sheen Falls Lodge the safety, health and well-being of our guests and employees are very important to us.
We are taking enhanced preventative measures to comply with the latest guidance on cleaning and hygiene. Extensive protocols, upgraded training and enhanced cleaning procedures have been added to our existing housekeeping practices in all areas of the hotel. We will be taking the greatest of care to ensure your stay with us is safe and comfortable.
The team and I look forward to seeing you very soon at Sheen Falls Lodge.
With best wishes
Below is an outline of the procedures that we will have in place to ensure you have a safe and comfortable stay with us.
- Online check in & check out will be available to guests.
- We have introduced temperature checks for all our staff upon arrival to the Hotel. Standard protocols will be followed for anyone with a temperature above 38C.
- PPE is being used by our staff and is also available to our guests during your stay, including face masks, disinfectant sanitiser & disposable gloves.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been set up throughout the hotel in both guests and staff locations.
- Travel into Ireland: Effective from 16 January 2021, all passengers arriving into Ireland (except those arriving from Northern Ireland) are required to have a negative/‘not detected’ result from a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland. Passengers will be asked to present evidence of their negative/‘not detected’ result before boarding their airplane or ferry, and will be required to produce this evidence to Immigration Officers on arrival at points of entry to the State. Children aged 6 and under are also exempt from the testing requirement, although they are advised to restrict movements for 14 days. All such travellers, whether they have symptoms or not, are asked to phone any GP or GP out-of-hours service to arrange for a COVID-19 test, which should be done as soon as possible after 5 days post-arrival as per the Government guidelines.
- Every member of the team has and will continue to be provided with training on safety, sanitation and physical distancing protocols. We have retrained all of our team in Covid-19 Prevention and Control Measures and will constantly monitor government guidelines to ensure the strictest of controls are in place throughout.
- We have appointed Daniel Dalton as our COVID Health Ambassador. Daniel will be able to assist in answering any questions or concerns you may have. You can email Daniel directly at Daniel.Dalton@Sheenfallslodge.ie where he can provide you with a comprehensive overview of our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Bars and Restaurants have been optimized to facilitate social distancing measures. With this in mind we have incorporated new reservations procedures into your pre arrival experience to ensure all your meal times are booked and unnecessary waiting is avoided. In line with the current government guidelines a maximum of 6 people are allowed at one table; further to this a maximum of one table is allowed per reservation with each reservation allotted an allocated of 105 minutes.
- Face-coverings – all guests are required to wear face masks in all public areas with the exception of when seated whilst dining and when using the pool and gym. Throughout the resort complimentary face masks are provided should you require them.
- Our leisure facilities including pool and Spa areas have been revised to ensure social distancing. In line with this we require our guests to change in their room prior to using the leisure facilities, with the exception of guests of our villas and cottages. Use of our leisure facilities will be by reservation only to limit guest numbers and will be in 45 minute allotments. Please note that at this time our sauna and seam room will remain closed.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all areas with special attention to high touch points in line with recommendations from WHO and the HSE.
- We have elevated our sanitation of bedrooms and removed all nonessential items such as magazines, decorative pillows and paper products. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. In room crockery will be machine washed at high temperatures. Windows will be open when servicing a room to provide adequate ventilation. All linen will be laundered at hight temperatures and in accordance with the HSE guidelines.
- Team members will use personal protective equipment in specific areas.
- Contactless services for payments and emailed invoices will be encouraged. Sheen Falls Lodge has become a cashless organisation. Therefore payment by cards is only accepted.
Our practices and procedures have been developed in line with the Governments Resilience and Recovery guidelines along with the latest health and safety practices provided by the Department of Health, the HSE, WHO and HSA. All cleaning solutions are provided by Ecolab and are used in accordance with their guidelines and recommendations. We also have made available hand sanitzer and disposable masks for your use during your stay.
We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and we will keep our policies under review with the latest recommendations and requirements set out by the Irish Government.