Careers at Sheen Falls Lodge
We are inviting application for the role of Kitchen Porter
Responsible for all aspects of the Kitchen cleaning, providing assistance and coordination of cleaning activities. To ensure that all crockery/cutlery and glassware is washed and stored correctly and to ensure that wash up area is maintained in a hygienic manner.
1. To ensure that all items of crockery/cutlery and glassware are washed properly dried, polished, and stored correctly.
2. Cleaning of pots, pans, equipment etc. as required, and to ensure they are stored correctly and neatly.
3. To carry out cleaning duties as outlined in cleaning schedule and complete daily/weekly checklists for cleaning tasks performed.
4. Thorough deep cleaning as per schedule of kitchen/larder areas, equipment, and storage areas.
5. To empty bins when full.
6. Sort rubbish for recycling serval times per day
7. Communicate with all Chefs in regard to stock levels of cleaning products.
8. Minimize waste and maintain controls of recycling and waste management.
9. Maintain and strictly abide by the weekly HACCP Records fulfil the duties in regard to HACCP in the Hotel.
10. Ensure health & safety work practice has been adhered to.
11. To be aware of, understand and comply with your responsibilities, as defined in
the Health and Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
12. Understanding of using the right cleaning chemicals for the jobs given
13. Follow cleaning instructions and SOPs given.
14. Keep the kitchen yard clean & tidy.
15. To maintain storage area for mops, brushes, detergents etc. in a clean and tidy manner.
16. Wear protective clothing i.e., safety shoes.
17. To be aware of any hazardous substances and to ensure that relevant protective clothing is worn and that directions are followed.
18. To report to Senior Chef on duty, any broken equipment or items not considered safe.
19. To assist with any mis-en-place or food preparation as requested by the chef.
20. To attend meetings/training as required.
21. To ensure that your areas of responsibility are maintained in a safe, hygienic, healthy and hazard free manner and environment.
22. To comply with Company Regulations regarding:
– Health and Safety
– Food Hygiene
– Customer Care
This is an all-year position and is on a rostered basis, which includes weekends and evening shifts.