The second weekend in our Wine Academy runs on 18th and 19th May, focusing on the grapes and also the different wine regions.
Topics covered over the course of the weekend will include:
- Understanding your taste.
- The how and what of wine tasting.
- Wine vocabulary.
- Types of grapes and their characteristics.
- A trip to Vanilla Grape in Kenmare, where owner and wine expert Alain Bras will discuss grapes used in winemaking, their main characteristics and why people drink them. A 10% discount will also be offered to guests in the shop during their visit.
- Simon Tyrell is guest speaker this weekend. Simon Tyrell is an Irish wine importer, his company was awarded Importer of the Year six years in a row by the Sunday Business Post. Simon is also a winemaker and has an unparalleled knowledge of terroirs, in particular the Rhone Valley.
- Ports and dessert wines.
€599 in total for two people sharing in a Classic Room overlooking Kenmare Bay. €435 in total for a single occupancy Classic Room.
Arrive at leisure on Friday afternoon and join our Sommelier for a welcome-drinks reception that evening. He will outline the plans for the weekend and timings then. Course content will be covered on Saturday afternoon finishing with a group dinner that evening with accompanying wines. Breakfast is included each morning for all guests, as well as complimentary use of the leisure facilities in Easanna Spa.
(Supplements apply for higher room categories and rates are subject to availability)
Take a look at our other Wine Academy courses, including picking the perfect wine and how to host with wine.