The introductory weekend of our wine series takes place on the 1st & 2nd March, and focuses on choosing the right bottle of wine.
Topics covered over the course of the weekend will include:
- How to choose the right bottle of wine.
- Vintages and Old Wines – when to drink wines young or when to keep them.
- Our Sommelier will recommend 10 safe wines that are crowd-pleasers.
- How to read a restaurant wine list – tips to overlook the complexity of wine lists.
- Guests will visit Vanilla Grape, purveyors of fine wine in Kenmare. Alain Bras, owner of the shop, is a qualified sommelier and award-winning wine expert. He stocks an array of quality wines now imported directly from small, passionate and knowledgeable producers. Alain will give guests a guide in label reading. A 10% discount will also be offered to guests in the shop during their visit.
€650 in total for two people sharing in a Classic Room overlooking Kenmare Bay. €475 in total for a single occupancy Classic Room.
Arrive at leisure on Friday afternoon and join our Sommelier for a welcome-drinks reception that evening. He will outline the plans for the weekend and timings then. Course content will be covered on Saturday afternoon finishing with a group dinner that evening with accompanying wines. Breakfast is included each morning for all guests, as well as complimentary use of the leisure facilities in Easanna Spa.
(Supplements apply for higher room categories and rates are subject to availability)
Our other courses in the Wine Academy series delve into the geography of wine and hosting with wine.