The County of Kerry must be every golfer’s paradise. While some courses are set amidst tranquil woodlands and lakes, casting beautiful reflections on still days, others enjoy breathtaking views over the bay, with blasts of invigorating sea air.
For the romantic, there is no better place to play golf. For the ambitious, satisfaction will also be found in the challenge of playing some of Europe’s finest courses. The 18-hole Kenmare Golf Club and The Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club, both designed by Ireland’s foremost designer Eddie Hackett, are courses of particular exception.
Whatever your ability or group requirements, we’d be happy to advise and help organise your perfect golf trip.
To find out more, please call +353 (0) 64 6641600 or email [email protected]
Keep an eye out for excusive golf breaks and deals in our offers and packages section.
Kenmare Golf Club
Parkland, 18 holes, 6,003 yards, par 71.
Celebrating its centenary year in 2003 and with a recently refurbished club house, this 18-hole course is set alongside the quiet waters of the Roughty Estuary, just one mile away. Maintained all year round, it features some interesting holes, using the natural terrain of the Kerry Mountains to offer the golfer a fair and satisfying challenge.
Sheen Falls Lodge can guarantee guests tee-off times from Monday to Saturday included. Visit www.kenmaregolfclub.com
The Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club
Parkland, 18 holes, 6,923 yards, par 72.
This ‘must play’ golf course has become one of the most beautiful and challenging in Ireland. Situated five miles from the hotel and tucked between the heather-covered Doha Mountains and the McGillycuddy's Reeks, it has magnificent views over Kenmare Estuary. The PGA-standard course also offers a driving range, golf buggies and a restaurant and bar area. Visit www.ringofkerrygolf.com
Other local golf courses
• O’Mahony’s Point, Killarney (distance 17 miles): Parkland, 18 holes, 6,765 yards, par 72.
• Dooks Golf Course (distance 25 miles): Links, 18 holes, 6,010 yards, par 70.
• Waterville Golf Course (distance 45 miles): Links, 18 holes, 7,184 yards, par 72.
• Tralee (distance 55 miles): Links, 18 holes, 6,877 yards, par 71.
• Ceann Sibel (distance 65 miles): Links, 18 holes, 6,696 yards, par 72.
• Ballybunion, Old Course (distance 65 miles): Links, 18 holes, 6,542 yards, par 71.
• Ballybunion, Cashen (distance 65 miles): Links, 18 holes, 6,026 yards, par 72.
• Old Head Kinsale (distance 70 miles): Links, 18 holes, 7,119 yards, par 72.