Looking to bring the full family to stay? We have a wide selection of rooms that are perfect to accommodate all the family from infants to young adults, allowing you to experience the different room categories at Sheen Falls Lodge.
Due to the unique configuration of some of the rooms we ask that all family bookings are made with our Reservation Team on +353 (0) 64 6641600 or by emailing email@example.com; our team will be delighted to make recommendations based on what is best for your family. Children up to 15 years of age may be accommodated on either wall beds or single futons.
For families with older children a selection of interconnecting room options are available or alternately our villas offer enhanced living and accommodation arrangements.
Family accommodation is very popular and gets booked up in advance for school and bank holidays, so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Classic, Deluxe and Superior Deluxe Rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 1 child. Rooms size start at 39 square meters (419 square feet) to up 47 square meters (505 square feet).
- Estate Bay View and Falls View Rooms can accommodation up to 2 adults and 3 children. These large open plan rooms have an enhanced sitting area, with an average size of 61 square meters (660 square feet).
- Falls View Suites can accommodate up to 2 adults and 3 children. The suite comprises of an entrance hall, bathroom, master bedroom and a separate sitting room area which sleeps up to 3 children. Total area is approximately 74-93 square meters (800 square feet) of space.
- Falls View Suites also interconnect with Superior Deluxe Rooms, which offer further flexibility to accommodate larger families of up to 2 adults and 5 children or 4 adults and 3 children.
Children are welcome to dine in The Falls Restaurant accompanied by their parents and they can enjoy our specially created menus which are inspired by what kids like to eat. In-room dining is also available, if you prefer a cosy night with a DVD from our library. You can also order a picnic or packed lunch if you plan on going walking or cycling in the area. During school holidays, we have children’s tea available from 5.30pm each evening. Please click here for a sample menu.
During mid-term breaks and school holidays, the hotel offers supervised movies and board games for children from 6.30pm to 9.30pm each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Family Facilities & Activities
- Swimming Times – 9am to 6pm in Easanna Health Club
- Bicycles – available on a complimentary basis from Easanna Health Club
- Tennis – equipment available from Easanna Health Club
- Horse riding
- Kayaking & Paddleboarding
Family Events in Kenmare
There are several family-friendly festivals planned in Kenmare; for further information, visit our What's On page.
What to do in the area
Families can enjoy chocolate making workshop in Lorge’s factory and discover the passion of chocolate and share the fun together. Learn the history and origin of chocolate before getting stuck into dipping, moulding and making!
For more information visit shop.lorge.ie
The Ewe Experience
Visit Ireland’s only interactive and interpretative Sculpture Garden. Set in a spectacular waterfall oasis, The Ewe Gallery offers great fun and enjoyment for all ages.
For more information visit theewe.com
Seal and eagle watching tours sail from Kenmare Pier daily. This eco-nature boat tour of Kenmare Bay enables you to explore the prolific wildlife found in the magical and tranquil waters.
For more information visit seafariireland.com
Molly Gallivan's Traditional Farm
At Molly Gallivan’s you will experience the simple country lifestyle in rural Ireland before the days of electricity and modern conveniences. Molly’s farm is complete with animals, fowl and traditional farm machinery. On the farm you will also visit the ghostly ruins of a family dwelling from the era of the Great Famine and a Neolithic Stone Row that forms part of an ancient sun calendar – 5,000 years of history on a 500m walk.
For more information visit mollygallivans.com